Answered By: Susan Krall Last Updated: Jul 07, 2022 Views: 27
UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored resource that physicians, residents, and medical students trust for reliable clinical answers. Includes point-of-care clinical resources and decision-making tools, drug handbooks, and medical calculators.
Registration is required to use this resource. You will first need to authenticate with your Etown username and password. Later, you will create a different login for UpToDate itself. Please follow the steps below to register for an account.
Register and login to your account:
- The first time you access UpToDate, you will see a registration form (if the registration form does not automatically pop up, click the green Register button in the upper right-hand corner):
- After filling out the form, click "Send Verification Code."
- You will receive an email from UpToDate confirming your registration. After you enter the validation code, you will be logged into UpToDate.
- If the registration process has worked correctly, the next time you access UpToDate you will be automatically logged into your account (if you are not automatically logged into your account, click the orange Log In button in the upper right-hand corner and enter your username and the unique password you created during registration):
Download and use the UpToDate app:
UpToDate also offers an optional app. You can choose to download the app after registering for an account.
- After you register your account and create a username and password, download the UpToDate app for your device.
- Sign into the app with the username and password you created on the UpToDate website.
- Please note that you must re-verify your affiliation with Etown at least once every 90 days in order to maintain uninterrupted remote access to UpToDate Anywhere. To re-verify, simply log in to UpToDate via the Etown network.
If you have any issues with access or if you have any questions about using UpToDate, please contact a librarian at email@example.com.