Skip to Questions

Library Answers - Ask a question. Get an answer.

Useful Tip: Start typing the question using natural language syntax, or type the keywords you are interested in

I want to put together a coursepack for my class. What do I need to do?

Last Updated: Sep 10, 2013  |  25 Views
Topics: Copyright

Was this helpful? 0   0


If you are working with Copy Services on campus, you will be asked to sign a form saying you have secured copyright permission or that the use falls under fair use. Usually, that will mean securing copyright from the Copyright Clearance Center, (or copyright holder, if that can be determined). Another source that will clear permissions for you is XanEdu, Using a vendor will add to the cost for your students. For an exhaustive guide, see

Even if a work is out of print, you still need permission to use it unless it is in the public domain (e.g., published before 1923).

If this does not completely answer your question, please contact Sylvia Morra  for further assistance.

Answered by Sarah PennimanBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    More ways to ask questions

    Browse by Popular Topics

    Archives  –  Books  –  Circulation  –  Citation  –  Collections  –  Copyright  –  Databases  –  Group Study Rooms  –  Hours  –  Interlibrary Loan  –  Locating Materials  –  Policies  –  Research Help  –  Reserves  –  Scholarly Sources  –  Services  –  Suggestion Box  –  Technology  
    View All Topics

    Related content from LibraryGuides